• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think i fried my 5900 ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airbornederekc

ok i was driving back from ma to nc and i had my computer and all sorts of other stuff in the back. i get back and unpack my stuff hook up the puter plug in all the wires and turn it on. i get 3 beeps the puter starts booting but with no picture.

i turn off look at vid card and it had shifted out of the agp slot. so i push card so its seated all the way. start it up. great works fine boots up does a defrag on boot like normal restarts again and i get all the way to the windows screen. no problems then not even 5 mins later the screen freaks out and i have lines all over the place. i thinking its overheating and i check the temp and its fine at 39 so i disable my oc anyways and no good. change the refresh rate and screen size and still its screwed.

i turn off the computer remove the vid card clean it off and give it a look over and it dosent look brown anywhere so i plug it back in and i get lines at the bios. i pulled it out and put in a spare geforce 2 440 mx in and it works fine so im assuming the card short circuited or something. anyone know what i can do to maby fix it or am i looking at a dead card

thanks

Back