• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Newcastle" AMD64 3000+ OC'ing Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EdwardTobia

Hi guys and gals,

Im new to oc'ing CPUs and need big help on doing so.
i know the only way to overclock an AMD64 is to raise the FSB right? but for some reason i cant find my FSB in the bios :bang head is there any software way to change the fsb?

heres some info pics on my system:
CPUZ INFO 1
CPUZ INFO 2
CPUZ INFO 3

I've had the exact same CPU as you did, another way to OC this is by using Clockgen..it is avaliable at www.cpuid.com, go find your motherboard and download the correct chipset, you can start from there. My old NC can hit 2.45ghz on stock coolin, goodluck on yours.

Doesnt seem like they have the model of my mobo or chipset

i have an MSI MS-7010 Mobo and a VIA K8T800 (VT8383) Chipset and it doesnt seem to be on the list, any other ways?

EdwardTobia said:
Doesnt seem like they have the model of my mobo or chipset

i have an MSI MS-7010 Mobo and a VIA K8T800 (VT8383) Chipset and it doesnt seem to be on the list, any other ways?

you might have no luck trying to oc an a64 with VIA chipsets...so I'm not sure if there is a option to raise the FSB or not in your bios..but it SHOULD have an option where you can play around with your FSB...I have no time to read the manual on that but good luck..usually people get NF/23/4 for overclocking.

ok thanks for your help CordialSpam :)

Anyone else have any other thoughts or ways that i could OC my system? please post if you do :)

*EDIT* nvm i downloaded the K8 series of clockgen and it seems to work! :D thanks again cordialspam :D

Last edited:
I have the 3200+ NewCastle and I'll say its one fine little CPU. On a small bong setup I have 38C load temps and 29C idle.

ok i used clockgen, got my AMD Athlon 64 3000+ running stable at 2.45ghz :D
but i have to keep setting this clock at each startup, is there anyway i can make these into permenant clock speeds?

*BUMP* cmon peeps can anyone think of a way for me to make these OC speeds permenant? its annoying to keep having to set them on each startup :(

EdwardTobia,

I am not an expert, but my pc has the same chipset as yours (VIA K8T800),
however, my mobo is an ABIT.

I can rise the FSB in the bios with no problem, and i thing you should try this in order to have the config you want from the startup.

I've heard that programs like clockgen are softwares that "enters" the bios to change
the FSB setting but i dunno if they actually save the configuration after changing the setup.

Good luck yo.

Sanscor

My BIOS has no option for FSB or anything like that, its wierd because clockgen works, which means the option is hidden somewhere in my bios but is not being shown :bang head , this is my bios:

Brand: Phoenix Technologies LTD
Version: 6.00PG
Date: 10/20/2004

if anyones knows if there is a bios flash update to solve my problem let me know....

also if anyone has any other ideas please share :)

Last edited:
ok using clockgen and A64 Tweaker i now got my AMD Athlon 64 3000+ "Newcastle" to 2.50ghz :D but im still looking for a Modded bios so i can make these clock speeds permenant instead of setting them each time my system is started, so anyone know where i can get a modded bios for K8T800 MS-7010 (Medion OEM) then please let me know.

thanks for all your help :)

Last edited:
EdwardTobia,

What temps are you getting and what cooling are you using? that looks like too
much OC for a Newcastle... be carefull otherwise, you could damage your system.

Have you looked at the MSI web site?

I've take a look at the web and did not find your MOBO on the list of the amd64 boards... weird...

Regards,
Me

temps are 37oc idle and 45-50oc full load, that isnt bad as AMD64s can handle up to 80oc, the OC seems stable aswel, i left CPU Burn-In running for 6 hours and no errors occurred.

Yer iv alredy checked the MSI site and had no luck, i found out that my MSI board is a "Medion OEM" type, so i got a bios off the medion site but the options are still hidden, im gonna try mod the bios image 2moro.

Back