• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase change??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arisythila

Registered
Hello, I just had a question, I wasnt able to find anywere else. Im currently watercooled. temps never reach above 28c on a full load, I have my system overclocked from 2400mhz (3800+ Venice) to 2940mhz. I was wondering If I was to get a phasechange system that allowed my processor to be ran at -80c would that allow me to overclock higher than 2940 mhz? Or would it be pretty obsolete to get a phase change system?

Thanks

~Mike

once you start to oc with a phase cooler you will never go back

it really is a differant world :)

only thing is 80- is unlikely 50- is more the case unless you go cascade

Last edited:
-80 your looking at a cascade depends on if your chip has the cold bug.. Even the 57s begin to freak out temps thats cold, you should def have 3ghz in the bag though..

Im having the guy from PC Ice build me a system.. I've seen his systems doing -110c Cold bug? not working at cold tempatures? I heard that happened alot with the Sandys. Im thinking about either doing a water chiller, that will chill the water to -40 so i can cool graphics card, chipset, and CPU, PC-Ice does that, just trying to find out what is best for me. Im running water right now. would it be best just to do the CPU, and water on the chipset, and graphics card? or have him make me a water chiller?

~Mike

The rule of thumb that has always worked for me is 2 to 3% more overclock for every 10C drop. With your system running at -50C I would bet that you would be able to hit 3.3ghz, but is only what to expect, not a garantee.

yeah. I was reading that somewere.. maybe it was from the thread two slots down.. That'd be very nice, tho I just want a new toy! :)

~Mike

Back