• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could I get some design help please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittleMike

Okay, CoolerMaster said that the CM Stacker 810 will be available on 8/26, so I'm going to need some help designing this bad boy of a system I'm putting together. So, as I just said, I will be using the Stacker 810 case with window kit. Now here are the specs on what is going into the machine:

Pentium 650 (3.4GHz EM64T)
MSI P4N Diamond
2G Corsair XMS2 DDR2 675 (5400)
4x Maxtor 7200RPM 16M Buffer 300G SATA drives
1 or 2 Plextor 716A (I think that's the model) DL DVD-RW
2x BFG 6800GT's in SLI

So my dearest friends, I am asking for your help designing where I'm putting everything in this monster. Now the Stacker 810 has room in the front for 2x 120mm fans. So what I was thinking was putting a dual rad in there (like a Danger Den heater core) that will pull cool air in from the outside of the front of the case, through the radiator. Now I believe the PSU needs to go on the bottom of that case. Am I going to have room for a pump and the rad on the floor of that case? Also, that case has room for 2x 120mm fans for exhaust in the rear, so I'll throw 2 120mm's back there. The two main things I would like some help with:

1)Brands and what blocks I'm going to need. I'm thinking of going Danger Den for all the watercooling needs, but I really don't know what I need to buy. I know I want to go with the dual 120 heatercore. I know I need to get a CPU block but I'm not sure what to get. I heard the NB gets hot too, do they make a block for that? I'd like to have GPU blocks too (like that NV-68SLI Danger Den block). Anyone know if it fits right on that mobo?

2)How to arrange the WC parts in the case. Like I said, will I have room for both the PSU, the pump and the radiator? What order do I put the pump, the rad, the t-line, the blocks? Even the fans. Like I said earlier, I'm thinking 2x120mm intake fans in the front to pull cool air in through the radiator. Do I have the coolant going from the pump to the blocks and then to the radiator?

So basically I need to compile a parts list for fans/wc equipment, and then ideas on how to put it all together. Everyone says the Stacker 810 will do the job as far as fit everything I want to put it, now I just need to know exactly what it is that will be going in, and how :p

Sorry for the noob questions, but this is my first time putting something like this together, and I want to get it right :p Any help would be appreciated.

I promise lots of pictures once I get everything together ;)

Back