• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon64 X2 oc to 2.8GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cemson

I just get my X2 3800+, so happy, it works at 2.8GHz, and it seems able to work at higher Frequency, because I can boot it up at 3.0GHz when 1.55v, may be 1.6v or 1.65v can make it work at 3.0GHz stable.

my 3800+ is E6 core, very easy to overclock :)

but a strange thing is I need to load the BIOS default setting after put the CPU into the socket. otherwise can not go over 2.6GHz at all !! don't know why. anyway, it working at 2.8GHz very stable, haha, I will try 2.9Ghz, and 3Ghz later on :)

PS: dual core make the WindowsXP much smoother than single core Athlon64!!

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    24 KB · Views: 214
post your bios timings to help people get an idea of what timings are needed to get the x2 that high !!

Awesome clocks. I wish I had saved for one of these, they seem to be the best overclockers at the moment.

Why are you people trying to make me spend my hard-earned money?

If you would stop posting about how well your friggin' X2's overclock, I wouldn't have to buy one! JERKS!

Hi, i use FSB:RAM=1:1(200MHz) and TCC5 Gskill.

here is my timings start from Trc:
Enabled
Auto
Fastest
Disable

I haven't test it so much as I am so busy with my school assignment.

I am using XP-120 and AS5 cooling method.

at 2.6GHz, it only need about 1.425v, I haven't try lower.

But as I mentioned, I get the higher overclock result after I load the BIOS default, before I did this, I unable to go over 2.6GHz at all, even 2.61GHz can't boot into Windows. don't know why.

Well on mwave they advertise the X2 3800 as a Toledo. Figured it was a type-o but hopefully the one I just ordered will be that good...

Might have to avoid using the 2gig ram for the time being and go with my PC4400 G.skill ram to see what the X2 will do.. I know my OCZ 2gig stick are going to hold me back.. :(

Back