• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Wireless Network Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
Recently, I purchased a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop with XP home edition. In addition, four or five of my friends have bought simliar dell laptops. We are all expiriencing major wireless issues. We seem to always get stuck on the step called "Acquiring Network Addresss". This is on many different networks, even when the networks have the full five or six bars of signal, it still won't connect. I have connected to a bunch of different networks, but I always seem to have problems, but every so often I get lucky and it will work. I tried updating drivers and updating windows, still having issues. Also, some of my friends have XP professional, so it's not that. I know my wireless network works because my old laptop conects fine, but it does have an older version of the Windows wireless utility, thats what I think the problem might be. I have no idea how to fix this. Figured someone in here would have the answer. Thanks.
:)

Matt

Back