• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high end flat panels: Eizo, Iiyama

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dnewhous

Disabled
I found these two brands by seeing them in PCWorld magazine (online). Their latest models have outstanding specs (and outstanding prices!).

The only reviews for these brands were for 17" models, but the models I am interested in are 19". They are the Iiyama ProLite H1900 and the Eizo Flexscan S1910. They cost about $900. They also have 19" models that cost twice that much, but those are right out.

The thing is, I can't find any user reviews of these brands online. A magazine isn't trustworthy (but that doesn't mean that a magazine should be ignored). CNet's editors (notorious liars, I am aware) drool over Princeton and Formac, but if you look at the user reviews for those models, you see they have great picture quality but are terrible due to

1) lousy tech support
2) defective pixels
3) brittle stands
4) BIOS screens displayed illegibly small

(the complaints for both brands are similar)

I'd be very happy if someone could vouch for either Eizo or Iiyama or both.

Some of you may ask, why are you interested in expensive flat panels that are obviously intended for desktop publishing professionals when you aren't one yourself?

Answer: because they are there!

there is a different forum for this, imaging and display devices or something

I don't have any experience, nor do I recall specific comments. However, they've been discussed on the FM Forums, kind of the OC Forums of professional digital photography. You could try a search there, I know there are threads that mention the brands.

Back