• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good deal on blank DVD-R/+R?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

I'm looking for some cheap DVD-R/+R..whichever is better/cheaper/good value..I'm looking for at least 50 discs or something..for burning backup files and sometimes DVD videos..where do you guys get those for cheap??

CordialSpam said:
I'm looking for some cheap DVD-R/+R..whichever is better/cheaper/good value..I'm looking for at least 50 discs or something..for burning backup files and sometimes DVD videos..where do you guys get those for cheap??

I bought a pack of 50 Samsung 4.7GB DVD-Rs at Best Buy on sale for 19.99 plus tax; but that's about as expensive as Newegg shipped.

I got mine on Newegg. Not much difference between + and - really, although I've heard that - plays better in your average console DVD player. I bought -, I think I paid about $15 for a stack of 25 about 3 months ago, still not finished with those.

Last week my local Texas CompUSA store had a DVD+R 100pk. for $25, stand alone with no rebates required. They're a generic CompUSA brand, but still...

(also had TDK CD-R's available the same day: $18 for 100)

Speed is also an issue. The slower ones are cheaper generally.

I buy all my DVDs from rima.com and allmediaoutlet.com and meritline.com

My opinion is you're better off shopping on-line because you'll get known-good media at a cheap price. The 3 sites I listed are all very reputable and I've had great results with them.

When you buy DVDs in a brick & mortar store under a brand name like Imation you just never know what you're getting. Generic "house brands" are usually really poor quality media.

So I stick with the on-line vendors and buy only Taiyo-Yuden, Ritek/Ridata, and Ricoh. If you must shop in a brick & mortar store I highly suggest looking for discs stamped "Made in Japan".

I just bought a 50 pack of DVD-R 8X Fuji at Best Buy for 19.99 +tax. No mail in rebates either. That works out to about $0.40 a disc, not to bad.

I wish they would sell 16x DVDs in the store. The fastest they ever have is 8X.

I just went to Staples and bought 25 pack DVD-R for 9.94 + tax..not bad I guess :p

They have both +R and -R 25 pack Sony for 9.94..not sure which one is better...but I got the -R

Back