• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the p4p800 handle this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illogical06

Ok, my abit-ic7max3 crapped out on me recently. I'm not exactly positive why it did so but i knew beforehand it was goin to. My question is...

With a 3.0e pressie oc to 3.625 w/out any extra voltage and Ram @ 2.8v (perhaps higher); could the p4p800 handle this easily or would i have to upgrade to the 875p chipset in the p4c800 in order to do so?

My old max3 mobo also had the 875p chipset so i imagine that it wasnt the culprit in the crapout, especially since i didnt run that much juice to my p4.

This may seem like alot of other posts and granted it is, but im just wondering if it can handle it or not. I think the cpu voltage would be like 1.375 or 1.325.

Thx in advance pplz!

p.s. ignore sig, for it is dead

From my experience, it seems that my p4 craps out at around 3.7, so i go a bit lower that way i dont have to think about it. I'd much rather prefer to save a bundle of money on the cheaper board, besides a little oc more wont even be noticeable.

I believe my questions have been answered, thx fellas

Wait...one more thing, are there any mods this board should have?
Excluding anything serious like droop mods and such

caps at 3.7ghz?? mines at 4.4ghz, hahah but im on phasechange! lol on air, my limit was 3.7ghz as well

how did your max3 crap out on you? you said you knew it coming?

if you want a 865 chipset ge the p4p800se those oc nicely with prescott but not as good as ic7-g/p4c800-e

calcal said:
how did your max3 crap out on you? you said you knew it coming?

if you want a 865 chipset ge the p4p800se those oc nicely with prescott but not as good as ic7-g/p4c800-e

I'm not exactly sure but the local tech guy verified my assumption. I figured the mobo was goin out since i was able to cancel out the ram, cpu, and graphics card initially by swapping parts with a different pc.

Unfortunately, after i got my p4p800-e, my pc was still 'broke'. Apparently the mobo let out one last big bang and destroyed my P4, vid card, and a HDD. It's currently all being rma'ed except the vid card, i just purchased an x800 pro from newegg.

Back