• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unkown Dothan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

I was looking over at this 1.5 2mb dothan that had these numbers on it (on ebay):

RH80536 715(s?)a
6522A442 Sl89u

BUT when i ran it throught the intel proc finder it wasnt in their database. What is up with that? Is it really a 1.5 2mb dothan?

hmm but why doesnt intel have documentation of this? That is what bothers me

Yes, all Dothan's have 2mb of L2 cache, both B1 and C0 steppings. The C0's are just the higher FSB, but all Dothans have the same amount of L2.

Intel's procfinder usually lags behind the current CPU's sometimes up to a few months or so. 1.5GHz on the Dothan core may be new. I know for sure there are Banias's at 1.5, but this could be a new low end Dothan that hasn't made it to the specfinder yet. :)

hmm, if its a new 1.5 doesn't that mean it's 533 fsb instead of 400? I want to do the pin mod with this chip, so it'll only work with 400mhz fsb chips.

It's probably a proprietary OEM version chip. I took a 2.3Ghz 400FSB Mobile-P4 out of my HP latop that cannot be found either (SL789) in fact there doesn't even exist ANY P4 2.3Ghz according to Intel...

oh ok, that makes sense. Hmm, for the past 2 weeks i've been trying to find a cheap 1.6/2m/400 dothan to do the pin mod trick with but the usual price is 150... Then i started considering the 1.5 to do the mod with, but I think i'd rather shell out the extra bucks for the additional 130mhz. I was hoping for 100ish for the 1.6 but that may be wishful thinking.

Shelnutt2 said:
It's a Socket 478 Dothan....is that why it doesn't show up on the spec finder?

All dothans are 'socket 479' but have 478 pins. And as said, the spec finder may not be up to date.

Back