• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT's new tall tower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

TT Tall Tower

Massive Aluminum Radiator

enlarge.jpg

RedDragonXXX said:
Interesting, that thing is huge and lots of surfface area.

Do you know if they have any reviews for this monster?

Nothing yet, I would like to know with all that surfface how cool would the H20 would be.

That's EXACTLY what I built for my system!

I spun a 12cm fan at about 4.7v at the very bottom so you couldn't hear it, blowing up but only through the front and distributed over the front of the massive radiator.

Heat would exit out the back openings. THe tubing woudl exit out the bottom/back.

It was ok, but didn't have a finish liek that. I've since moved to my current setup (see sig) of mounting it above the case, taking up the entire top. I liek this setup much better as it makes it much more mobile.

But that's cool that TT did it. Wonder if they stole my idea... Humm.

Man, just looking over the specs.. I really want this now.

Not liking the 3/8" tubing (TT usually uses 1/4", but I'm hoping they upgraded that thing to 3/8" at least, doesn't look 1/2").

Not liking the WB either.

Also, I want black to match the rest of my home stereo components. ANd maybe that will give me the final kick in the butt to finish my MCE machine. :)

eduncan911 said:
Man, just looking over the specs.. I really want this now.

Not liking the 3/8" tubing (TT usually uses 1/4", but I'm hoping they upgraded that thing to 3/8" at least, doesn't look 1/2").

Not liking the WB either.

Also, I want black to match the rest of my home stereo components. ANd maybe that will give me the final kick in the butt to finish my MCE machine. :)

I like it to I wounder if you can swap that stuff out.

Thier previous systems I had was all 1/4". If they are 3/8" now, we have lots of options.

I like it cause it would remove almost all of the heat from my MCE machine in my component case. Install a 3/8" GPU WB, a NB WB, etc.

But I'll most likely stick to my original plan of customizing a case with a single 12cm at a moderate 6V speed and special ducting to run across the CPU's tower HS, the NB HS, and then ducted out to the other side. This will vent the heat out towards the back, where I already have plans for some low-speed 12cm fans for my component case to vent heat form all of the stereo components.

Thermaltake Symphony Water Cooling Kit

Conclusion

The silence of the Thermaltake Symphony was impressive in itself but to have this level of performance while remaining silent was awe inspiring. The five fans mounted inside the cooling tower create 600mm (5 x 120mm) of gentle air flow over the radiator. This obviously gets the job done every bit as well as a high speed, high volume single fan unit that are native to most other kits. The extreme amount of convection fin surface area of the Symphony's radiator can do what other companies can only dream of.

Not forgetting details such as making something this big as portable as possible, its ease of installation and near universal applicability in what it will fit, the Thermaltake Symphony really does take water cooling to a new level. If you are a first timer for water cooling, things can be overwhelming. That won't be the case with the Symphony. All its core parts (radiator, pumps, cooling fans, reservoir) are mounting inside a single housing. All the end user really needs to do is mount the water block. Things don't get much easier than that.

The only real down side of the Thermaltake Symphony is that for an online purchase, the shipping will be murderous. High shipping on a $280 product very well may take the Symphony out of reach for many. However, for those of you with the means, you will not be disappointed. Thermaltake has done a fantastic job with the Symphony and deservedly earns our Editor's Choice award.

Pros

Excellent performance

Silent operation

Fits all current Intel and AMD platforms

Water block mounting clamp design clean and very intuitive

Five 120mm cooling fans

High coolant capacity

Water block's spring mounts prevent kinks

Fantastic water block base finish

Quick connect hose lines - leak free and make transport much easier

Dual 12v pumps

Radiator, cooling fans, reservoir and pump all enclosed in one assembly

BIG

Cons

Shipping costs will be a bear!

BIG!

Yep, sounds like they went with the same theory I came up with for my system (see sig).

Seriously large radiator (overkill) and three large fans spinning as slow as possible (4.3V is what mine are at) so not to make a peep at all. This allows the majority of the cooling to be spread over a very large area, instead of using more air (faster fans, push/pull setup) to keep things cool.

So they didn't get away from the 1/4" eh? That sucks.

Looks like I've finally found the missing key to my heat concerns in my MCE machine I want to build. Just the 1/4" restriction will mean I won't be pushing any serious speeds.

Won't be until I am all moved into my new house, but my plans are to use waterblocks on the cpu, nb, and gpu all in the same loop going though this one radiator. Just the dwell time concerns me for being in a small 1/4" loop.

Not to mention the 5 HDDs I'll have in the system... I know there are watercoolers for HDDs, but 5? Humm. Still need to finish some plans.

Last edited:
Unlike what was mentioned above, it does not seem that the radiator is "all copper." From the looks of it, the radiator is copper tubing with aluminum press-fit fins. There should be no problem at all w/ corrosion.

Wow, actually it looks like they use 1/2" OD (3/8" ID) tubing for everything except the waterblock (notice how it is "stepped down"):

1021.jpg

They say that in the article above (just now got time to read it).

That gives me hope. I'll just remove/ebay/sell the waterblock in the kit and buy a 3/8" one. :)

Back