• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID drivers causing BSOD? irql

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

i set up SATA raid 0 (striping) on 2X 74gb drives giving me 149gb, both simple with only 1 partition, identicle drives...

then when i went into windows it auto installed a certain ammount but not all, a prompt kept on coming up asking for drivers, i put the Floppy in and browsed to the file, it took 2 files in total.. all went nicely, then when i rebooted same again, did the 2 same file, rebooted all was fine....

then i started getting BSOD. saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

anyone else had this?

could it be because the raid is using the same irql as my audio?

what do ya rekon? this raid set up on this board is terrible, from the bios to the drivers...

anyone know of where i can get a decent set of drivers for this raid?

NF4 chipset,

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI D

i think its ok now i got another set of drivers... all seems to be ok fingers crossed! X!

gorilly said:
then i started getting BSOD. saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

That error message is Windows way of saying that there is a driver issue. Most of the time it is because the driver is trying to do something it shouldnt be and Windows is putting it in "time out" :)

A driver upgrade (or downgrade) usually fixes that.

FireFox said:
That error message is Windows way of saying that there is a driver issue. Most of the time it is because the driver is trying to do something it shouldnt be and Windows is putting it in "time out" :)

A driver upgrade (or downgrade) usually fixes that.

Unless it mentions the filename of a RAID driver, then the CPU may be faulty or undervolted.

I had unstable processor OCs cause that BSOD.

Back