• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Power Supply for my setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jwisjw

Hi guys, I'm new and I've just been reading up on what power supply I should use.

I just purchased an Athlon 64 4000+ Sandiego w/ the EVGA 7800GT and Mobo Combo. I'm not acutally planning on OC'ing it but I want it to have the right amount of power.

The Power supply that I recently purchased was the
Enermax FMA 535
Part # EG565P-VE

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16817103512

Is this going to be safe from my components frying?

MrSeanKon said:
jwisjw I have an old Enermax 465Watts and it is very very good...:)

do you think that this is going to be good for my video card though? hehe. My video card requires 28A and 12v? I'm not to technical on that because I don't know what im talking about.

OK no problem!

Well you should relax!
This program OK it is not suitable for novices/beginners overclockers but it includes some useful stuff.
PSU estimator is a program in which you input some values (it is simple) and then you can see how many watts are OK for your system.
Bible includes instructions/screen captures...

That PSU should hold you up but if you're interest in getting another one you can look into OCZ 600 Powerstream or a PCP&C 510 which are around $200 but if you're on a budget you can still get a OCZ 520 Powerstream.

Back