• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you have dialup or Broadband?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Are you on Dial-up or Broadband?

• Dial-up

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Broadband

Votes: 270 93.4%

• Total voters

jack222

A newly update poll. Tolietduck wanted it and i am curious too.

I myself use Broadband. I get it from Optonline, 6mb down and 1mb up.

Wanadoo 1MBps 30GB/mo DSL here. They suck.

crana said:
Broadband user here :)

My ISP is Blueyonder. 1mb.

Blueyonder ROCK. :D I just wish I still lived in a BlueYonder area :(

This is updated and strictly dialup or broandband. Notice how old the other one is?

Wow, I'm the first dial-suck user to vote :p

I'll be going to DSL in October when I get settled in my new house.

I haven't used dial-up since cable internet was first avalible in my area around 98/99. I could NEVER go back to dial-up. It's doesn't even exist to me. :)

Bios24 said:
I haven't used dial-up since cable internet was first avalible in my area around 98/99. I could NEVER go back to dial-up. It's doesn't even exist to me. :)

Well, broadband doesn't exist to me. No cable TV service in the town I live in (or any of the bordering towns for that matter), so no cable. No DSL service either, and I ain't paying for satellite internet with all its restrictions. So, dialsuck it is until someone with deep pockets decides rural Maine customers need broadband.

Ken

David said:
Wanadoo 1MBps 30GB/mo DSL here. They suck.

Blueyonder ROCK. :D I just wish I still lived in a BlueYonder area :(

Yeh, they're alright i orginally had 512kb then they upgraded it to 768kb and then they upgraded me again to 1mb :D All for free of course :D But my upload speed truely suxx :cry: I get speeds of 12kb/s max.

I like bandwidth and playing games online so I got broadband. Dial up wouldn't be so bad if the downloads weren't that slow.

wow...
who the hell are the 3 ppl who have dial up!!?!?! lol quite scary

i'm in the UK :'( so have 2Mb/256k... uploads over here suck!

just did a speed test and am only getting around 1.5mbps.. good old BT, oh well i cant expect much more than that from them as they are -edit-

Language like that is not appreciated here, nor is using symbols to try and evade the filter. --David

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my broadband. The highest download speeb I have achieved was 400 kilobytes per second, or 3.2 megabits per second, slower than comcast touts about as 6 megabits, but it doesn't really matter. It is infinitely better than dial-up.

Back