• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hosting a Wireless Server for my PocketPC to see.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowPho

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
Yesterday I got the Axim X50v and Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB2 WLAN. I wanted to be able to walk aall across the house and be able to surfe the net using my Axim X50v. However, After I connected my TrueMobile 1300 and installed the drivers Icant create a wireless server... :temper: .My TrueMobile USB thingy can see a couple of i-net connections around, but it doesnt seem to create one of them. So my poor pocket PC is stuck with low signal internet from my neighborgs which I dont want it to be. I already tried the "Set Up a wireless network for home or small office",but it didnt seem to do anything. I am running Win XP SP2.

I got this far....
"Wireless Network Settings

Print this document and store it in a safe place for future reference. You may need these settings to add additional computers and devices to your network.

Wireless Settings

Network Name (SSID): aaa
Network Key (WEP/WPA Key): 5555555555
Key Provided Automatically (802.1x): 0
Network Authentication Type: open
Data Encryption Type: WEP
Connection Type: ESS
Key Index:

To enable File and Printer Sharing on this computer, run the Network Setup Wizard.

To set up your Internet connection, follow the instructions from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)."

Back