• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for you guys with surround setups.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdameron

Where do you put the speakers? I've never seen a computer set up that allows for good permanent placement for the rear speakers... pics or explanation of your setup would be excellent. Placement issues are the only reason why I haven't picked up a nice set yet...

alot of setups i see people just have them on their desk - but then move them to where they need, but i also see alot of pics of people who really dont have them set in a proper distance from the center type thing to ever sound good :(

i ran wire under the carpet to the back of the room. floor standing rears so i dont have to mount them

I have one on by bed, and one on my dresser.. Although i have had that problem when my computer wasn't in my room. I suggest either making or purchasing a set of stands.

or glue them to your chair :D

I ended up spending $25 on a nice pair of speaker stands from Wal-mart. My surround speakers use standard mounting, so the the stands worked perfect. Then I just placed them logically behind me and adjusted the volume. So my front speakers are about 2ft from my head, where as the rear ones are about 10ft.

I've built some custom stands for mine, and they are placed with one on each end of the bed directly behind me. I'll get pictures later.

Front and rears screwed to the ceiling at an angle pointing at my chair and the center channel on the wall a little above my monitor height.

Here are some pix of my setup:
Picture025.jpg

Front right:
Picture018.jpg

Center:
Picture019.jpg

Front Left:
Picture020.jpg

Rear Left:
Picture021.jpg

Rear Right:
Picture022.jpg

The rear speakers sit on two custom built PVC stands painted a textured grey and clearcoated with a matte clear coat.

Back