• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old school watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashiitaka

hi all ^^

been a long time since watercooling. i couldn't install my.. very old, very mediocre kit, the ol' aquarius II, until now. I will do a lot of re-research into installing it, but I have one question I would like to include a gpu waterblock in the mix. Any recommendations on which, tubing wise? Here's my setup:

P4 3.06 HT
AIW 9700 Pro

I have most of the materials ready to go.. sheet of glass for lapping, varying grits of sandpaper, etc.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm new to forums, just realized I posted in wrong place. Should I ask mod to move it? Or delete whole post? Thx -_-

Last edited:
Your kit, which will provide only marginal cooling for the CPU, would be completely overwhelmed by the addition of the GPU to the loop.
It simply does not have the flow capacity or radiator area to deal with such a load.
The Aquarius (with a bit of fabrication) would make an acceptable cooler for your northbridge and you could explore other options for the rest.

Ah interesting!
Could you elaborate on "with a bit of fabrication?" :) And I'm assuming, by "other options for the rest," you are referring to air cooling? (since the kit can't handle any more water additions?)

Also! It's been suggested that I use the Tygon 3603 tubing, instead of the default. What do you think?

Thanks~

Last edited:
Moved to watercooling. Please keep in mind to post in the right section next time.

Welcome to the forums! Best of luck with you watercooling.
:)

Matt

Just to tell you Ashiitaka, when i had the Thermaltake Aquarius 2 kit, I overclocked my Pentium 4 2.4 to 3.6 (Prescott btw) on 30C idle and 38C load.

I've known some people who turned that kit into an awesome piece of work. Like replacing it with a transmission oil cooler with royal purple coolant, lapping the block completely, removing those stupid springs inside, etc, which in the end gave almost 32C load.

All I'm saying is that if you don't have the money to upgrade then keep the kit :D

Back