• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 930BF 19"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sshadow

So guys/gals? heard anything about this monitor Samsung 930BF 19" thinking about ordering it later this week. 4ms couldn't hurt much, sure i could go for a 8ms too, but this one appeals to me.

So any ideas, suggestions on this LCD or is it a go.. :D

//Christian

looks pretty much the same as the 930B. 930B uses the AU Optronics panel and the 930BF uses the Samsung panel, both TN tech. 930B has a 5:4 ratio and the 930BF uses a 4:3, which is weird because both have native res of 1280x1024. And the 930B has a contrast ratio of 300:1, higher than the 930BF's 270:1.

the 930BF does come with a DVI cable though, don't know if that is a real selling point or not. 930B does not come with the cable.

Last edited:
930B is rated 8ms grey to grey and 930BF is rated 4ms grey to grey.
The selling point is that i guess, but you made some good points too. I can get the 930B for around $500, so i think i better head down to the store, to check both out. If they have them in, have only found the 930BF online so far, gotta search a bit harder i guess.

//Christian

AFAIK, the 930BF is just using overdrive technology to get the 4ms. There is a difference between it and the 930B though. If you game, definitely go for the 930BF.

now, i am not sure if you can do this, considering that you live in Sweden, but look into getting the Dell 2005FPW 21" widescreen, if not, then this monitor is damn nice, and definatly get the 930BF if you game, just as Know Nuttin said

I would love to get that Dell Monitor, but unfortunately the deal can't be done here in sweden. :(
As for gaming, not often, but i play UT now and then, so i went for the 930BF. :D

//Christian

K.Snail said:
I saw the 930B for 399.99 CDN at Best buy... Almost grabbed it.. But I held off on it.

Damn, if I saw that, I'd buy two... Just not from a Best Buy... Their about $450 here :(

The 930B is a great moniter, I plan on buying one whenever I get the money together.

Purchased this samsung 930bf about 10 days ago .

This lcd is awesome for gaming & browsing but I have noticed one minor problem when watching a movie in wide screen the black bars on top and bottom are not a true dark black,but then who watches a movie on a 19inch
Other than that very happy

Attachments

• samsung 930bf.JPG
    samsung 930bf.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 339
Counda said:
Damn, if I saw that, I'd buy two... Just not from a Best Buy... Their about $450 here :(

The 930B is a great moniter, I plan on buying one whenever I get the money together.

399 is probably US price. Never seen it at that price in Canada yet.

I would save and go for the 930BF. I have the 930B and it's not bad but the 930BF is supposed to be better. Genuine Samsung Panel and 4ms.

Know Nuttin said:
399 is probably US price. Never seen it at that price in Canada yet.

I would save and go for the 930BF. I have the 930B and it's not bad but the 930BF is supposed to be better. Genuine Samsung Panel and 4ms.

He said $399CDN.

I'd definetly go for the BF, but none of the local retailers have them yet, and from what I'm hearing, none have any plans to stock them anytime soon. I can't order it from anywhere, my parents want me to get it in person... I've already argued with them... Best deal locally on a 930B so far is $499.99 at staples... Kind of expensive, but I also have a $25 Staples gift card :)

Spoofee.com shows that officemax has the 930B listed right now for $260 after mail in rebates and a $40 coupon. Wish I had some money.. :drool:

Last edited:
Back