• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50+ mbps Internet Connect :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccb056

connection.JPG

http://www.computerbb.org/about2346.html

Im probably wrong but thats "kb" so doesnt that mean you only have a 7mbps connection? That would be 4mbps faster than mine :bang head

Wow, mine sucks...612kbps download and 350kbps upload. That is the best I got using the different servers. If your download is so high...why is your upload so low?

IMHO the download is way overkill, and the upload is way underkill. I'd cut the download speed in half just to have another mb of upload speed.

FYI- 50 Megabits = 6.25 Megabytes
ie- your connection is rated to 3 'megabits'
ie- your disk is 1.44 'megabytes'

I'd rather have a 2/2Mbit symmetrical connection then the 8/1Mbit connection I have now. But maby you should remove one 0 from the title?

Look, my download speed is less than half of his, but my upload is a little better. No hacks or mods or anything like he did. This one was to New York City. My download speed is almost 4 times what Comcast promises.

CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Ya. I know. Comcast says they work at up to 6 (or is it 7 now) "megs" of pure broadband speed. (megabits). I am impressed running at 23.121 Megabits per second. A lot faster than anything unless you want to shell out for your T1 access.

Quailane said:
Ya. I know. Comcast says they work at up to 6 (or is it 7 now) "megs" of pure broadband speed. (megabits). I am impressed running at 23.121 Megabits per second. A lot faster than anything unless you want to shell out for your T1 access.

T3. A T1 is only 1.5Mbit/s but *probably* a lot more reliable.

That is higher than I ever got with comcast. With comcast the highest I ever got at my dad's house was a steady 500 kilobytes a second D/L.

I got 7700 down, 1700 up at my workstation at work. We're connected by fiber to the nearest State University. The connection's great until the college kids start p2ping.

Ken

I love College....

NO tweaks .... Wash, DC Test
cmubandwidth.gif

All your Upload are belong to ME :D

Man wish I'd get some decent service here in wisconsin. Stuck with charter.net and personally its a rip off compared to what some of you guys are getting with broadband.

30,548/14,536...a connection way way quicker than anything I've been used to. I'd say all your uploads combined are belong to me, literally. ;) No idea how to take a screenshot on a Mac though. :-/

Back