• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey noobs, new speaker parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that should sound pretty interesting to say the least :). Just think since they are only about $30 a pair you could easily build two towers with four 6x9's per tower. that way you would have about 106 dB 1w/m :).

As to the sound I've found that most car speakers tend to be a bit raspy and thin. You might wanna look into some sort of parametric EQ of some sort to even out the response. one things for sure they should be pretty dang loud :D.

BTW, if you dont wanna build an enclosure you can get some 6x9 boxes online for probably around $30 shipped. I think walmart even carries them. Definately let us know how the project turns out.

Ryan

i already have boxes built, i was just gonna mesure/cut a hole and that'd be done. once i get everything i promise pictures and results and junk

also, i got the really cheap ones cuz if it sounds really weird i wouldnt have wasted a lot of money on this. and i dont have a car and wont for at least a year so.. yeah.

anyways ill keep yas posted

update... according to UPS tracking i should have the parts tommorrow. (kinda quick for the cheapest shipping option :)

yeah! it came tonight.. only problem is tho.. UPS left the ****in package in the rain so now its soaked. at least the drivers inside are nice and dry. cant wait till test them out, i just need wood glue and something to cut a whole for the drivers in.

results and pics soon. promise

Last edited:
Yes please do update!

BTW dont you just love that excitement when the UPS guy dilivers some speaker parts :D. Thats the best feeling in the world hehe. Then you realize that they bashed the box up and in your case left it in the rain, but its still not enough to get you down :).

Ryan

Ryan T said:
Yes please do update!

BTW dont you just love that excitement when the UPS guy dilivers some speaker parts :D.

Ryan

i stopped the UPS guy a block from my house and said YOU GOT MY PACKAGE. after he got it off the truck i opened it up and showed him the speaker. lol.

yo.. heres a pic, not the best but its all i got for now.. i promise better pics once i get the speakers all build into there enclosures and in there prorper places hooked up :)

Attachments

• coaxials.JPG
    coaxials.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 118
Man I wish i had the balls to do stuff like this...lover of the music but no knowledge of how to do so. Great job so far, lets see some more pics :D

techun said:
it doesnt take knowledge..it's takes a little time talking to ryan :p
This I agree with; he has helped me quite a bit :)

Cant wait to seem them in enclosures! Have you tried them free air just to see what they sound like?

As to the speaker building. There are some great kits out there that range in difficulty from beginner to advanced. Or you could be more adverterous and undertake your own design like punkgamingmaster is doing. Either way its a blast working with speakers :D.

Ryan

I have my doubts about this... Most 6"x9" car speakers are designed for infinite baffle and would most likely require a very big box to get a wide freq. output. I've only tried this once with some panasonic 6x9's in a ~25 L. closed box. It was ok, but had a serious lack of bass. But, don't let this put you off, you might get more lucky. Good Luck and make sure to post pictures and a detailed report.

well i got them in there enclosures, just havnt tested them yet.. sadly my cuzin didnt show up with his digicam tho. and even if they speakers have very little bass i have a sealed sub that should fill in nicely..

results later.

Back