• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i use the floppy disk raid drivers or not when installing windows??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

O.C.CaTaLYsT

I was wondering if i should use the raid and nvidia storage drivers that are on that floppy disk that come with the motherboard, or just skip the third party drivers part and let windows choose the drivers?? whats the difference between windows drivers and the ones on the floppy?? thanks :)

O.C.CaTaLYsT said:
I was wondering if i should use the raid and nvidia storage drivers that are on that floppy disk that come with the motherboard, or just skip the third party drivers part and let windows choose the drivers?? whats the difference between windows drivers and the ones on the floppy?? thanks :)

I would choose neither, and get the latest drivers direct from the manufacturer's website. There may be older drivers on the packaged floppy.

Are you talking about SATA drivers? If so, then yes, you need to install the drivers from the floppy when you install windows.

Windows will not be able to detect your hard drive and you won't be able to install.

for RAID, you need drivers, if i'm not mistaken.

Did you use the RAID configuration to set up your hard drives first?

for regular SATA, it depends on if it is built into the chipset directly or running off a controller soldered onto the motherboard.

Back