• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ViewSonic VX724 Is this any good for Gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragoXT

I found this thing in my price range at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116359

I have read reviews of it and they seem to be good, but it is hard to find anything about the gaming performance of it. They have alot of info about it, but im unfamilar with the tests they use. I play mainly FPS games so any ghosting would be utterly horrible for me. I snipe and do longrange shots a lot and my eyes can pick up anything moving in the background so i dont want some ghosting to mess me up.

I currently have a 17" crt monitor that came with my emachines that i had before i built my rig. The monitor is 2.5 years old and is doing well. i would like to get something that dont produce as much heat as this thing does, it makes a dang good space heater right now. I really dont want a 19"lcd as i see them as to big for me. The 17"lcd would be plenty for me.

<-- L90D+

thing's so awesome, and ive seen some other 19" monitors with about the same specs, and mine blows them out of the water. no tearing, ghosting, anything. if you can afford it, or wait a week to afford it, get it. you wont regret it

Omg this is why i hate forums like this. I ask a question and get no answers what so ever, but opinions on what you people think i want to get. You guys do have some valid points if i can get a good 19" for a bit more, but i dont know why 19s are so popular.

Could i be more explicit? I said didnt want a 19" lcd. My reason is that the 17 and 19 both have the same max resolution, so what has to happen with a 19 is that the pixels are bigger, so the clarity will not be as good and will not scale to lower resoluions very well at all.

hmm you hate them yet you ask questions on them... interesting...

if you would read the reviews at the link you posted, there is ghosting.

to answer your question without providing any helpful tips or suggestions, the 1-word answer is NO. bye

DragoXT said:
Omg this is why i hate forums like this. I ask a question and get no answers what so ever, but opinions on what you people think i want to get. You guys do have some valid points if i can get a good 19" for a bit more, but i dont know why 19s are so popular.

Could i be more explicit? I said didnt want a 19" lcd. My reason is that the 17 and 19 both have the same max resolution, so what has to happen with a 19 is that the pixels are bigger, so the clarity will not be as good and will not scale to lower resoluions very well at all.

:cry: Sorry... :cry:

geeze im just saying answer the question, not go off and say oh just get such and such with no explanation. These forums have a lot of traffic, but sometimes you guys get off topic and dont add anything to what the original question was asked.

hmm you hate them yet you ask questions on them... interesting...

I dont mind helpful tips or anything, just i asked about the VX724 and if you notice that before my last post not one word was mentioned about it, just some diff opinions of some 19" monitors. If you guys would have explained why the VX724 wasnt good then added in the suggestions that would have been fine, but from my view point it looks like you are contorting my original question to just what is a good gaming lcd?

Ok, in direct to your question about Viewsonic 17" LCD monitors, the simple answer is NO.

The reason why? Viewsonic monitors aren't often good for gaming...at least not always. During in my time asking at many stores, read many reviews and what I've come to find about these Viewsonic LCDs are that they DO make great monitors - for regular internet surfing and doing computer work. For playing games? See the first sentence above.

Sure, the 17" is good at that prices today - but if you want for the long term then the 19" is the way to go.

Back