• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USING DRIVE CLEAN PRO/Rivatuner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beginner

hello,

nf7-s v2
xp-m 2600
fx5900nu
2x256/1x512 mushkin lvl2 pc 3500
slk948

i flashed my gainward 5900nu to an msi 5950u modded bios. i was originally using the msi starforce 53.03 drivers for stability. i d/l'd the msi starforce 71.50 drivers for stability playing half life 2.

these are the steps i took as per drive clean pro(guru3d site d/l)

went to add/remove programs.
found the nvidia box, clicked remove
gave me the option to uninstall all drivers or manually select them.
i manually selected just to remove the "display driver".
emptied the recycle bin.
rebooted, f8 to get into safe mode.
windows wanted to find driver for "new device" i canceled.

started drive clean pro.
ran cab cleaner
then ran drive clean pro itself.
when i ran drive clean the "nvidia" option was already highlighted then i ran the cleaner, bunch of files were removed.

per drive clean pro's "readme" i need to empty the recycle bin but nothing was in the recycle bin to empty.

i then proceeded to reboot into windows.
i loaded the 71.50 driver and all seemed to go well.
the stock clocks on my modded bios are 510/970. i use rivatuner to downclock them to 490/950.

on the "general settings" tab i saw all the 71.50 stuff. i then clicked on the "power user" tab to enable the "disableinternalclocktesting" or something like that.

when i click on the "power user" tab i still see stuff from the 53.03 drivers?????

the 53.03 drivers never gave me the option to enable the "disableinternalclocktesting" or any way to view the temps on my card.

can one of you experienced users tell me what i did wrong? i would like to update my vga driver for the above 2 reasons.

eddie

guys i'm thinking----

do i need to delete all the nvidia drivers-
chipset
audio
etc

i hope not but if i have to i will.

i ran drive clean pro again and the same issue is coming up where on the "power user" tab of rivatuner still shows 53.03 drivers.

do i need to uninstal rivatuner, then reinstall it?

thanks for looking and all posts are appreciated.

it worked :) thanks, i forgot to post back, thanks for the confirmation. now i can disable the internal clock testings stuff.

:)

Back