• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two issues with Toshiba M55-S135.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lucasp

Currently I am working on straightening out two issues on a friends Toshiba M55-S135.

1)

This laptop comes pre installed with a copy of home edition svc pack 2. Since this is svc pack 2 it's considered a newer version of windows then xp pro standard (prior to downloaded and installed service packs). With this said you can not pop the cd in and have windows install it.

Trouble shooting completed:
A)
Checked add remove programs to see if i could remove svc pack 2. Well since it's not added additionally to the install you can not remove it. it is part of hte instal.

B)
Boot off the cd. .. here's the tricky part. It boots of the cd loads all the drivers then it gets to the "Setup is starting windows" blue screen and hang up there.

How do I install xp pro on this machine?

2)
This notebook needs to be connected to a college domain (one of the reasons why the user needs xp pro installed). The wifi card in the laptop detects wireless connections it displays as if it has found the connection but when you try to load web pages nothing happens. It acts as though there is no connections.

Please Advise,

THanks,

P

Archer36 said:
Have you tried backing up your data and deleting the partitions then install windows?

Yes I have completed a Fdisk. Still no go. thanks

Same Problem

bump; I am having the same problem with my M55-S135. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :confused: Thanks for any help.

Tried slipstreaming SP2 onto an XP install disk and use that?

I'm ignorant and having the same problem with the Windows XP Pro Setup hang on a Toshiba Satellite M55 laptop. I don't know what "slipstreaming SP2 onto an XP install disk" means. Can anyone provide details? Definitely stuck on this POS Toshiba on Windows XP Home and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks!!

Have you run memtest on this thing yet? most problems with XP installs in the first half of it are memory related. Also, i would try Active Killdisk or something similar if the memory checks out. Toshiba might have some overlay crap on the HDD that could be tripping you up too.

~ Gos

Back