• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are We Going To Expect Some New Updates This Month

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Anyone going to have a guess on how many security updates there will be this month. 1 obviously with the Maliclios software removal tool and probably 4 or 5 for IE6 and maybe the odd 2 for XP it's self.

Funny you mention it. I was wondering the same thing myself yesterday and the past few. For me, I haven't seen any updates since the WGA check came out. I was starting to wonder if MS was not sending them to me in particular, but I downloaded a standalone GA tester and it reconfirmed my legitimacy...so now I at least feel confident it's not just me and my five xp boxes.

12 days into September and still I haven't recieved notification on any hmmmmm unless there's a big lump coming our way in October.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/200...nsA8gms0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cjE0b2MwBHNlYwM3Mzg-

Robert McMillan, IDG News Service Fri Sep 9, 8:00 PM ET

Microsoft has decided not to go ahead with its monthly security update after encountering an unspecified quality issue with the software patch it had planned to release next Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Microsoft yesterday said it would be offering a patch to a critical flaw in its Windows operating system next week. Today, however, company representatives said that Microsoft had changed its mind and would not be releasing any security patches this month after all.

Microsoft releases most software patches on the second Tuesday of each month, a date that has come to be known as "Patch Tuesday" by security professionals.
Little Explanation

The software vendor declined to say exactly what had caused the last-minute change in plans.

"It was a quality issue," said a Microsoft spokesperson. "They found something that made them realize that it was best not to release [the patch] this month," she said, adding that the company's security team decided it needed to put the Windows patch through additional testing.

This is the second time that Microsoft has changed its mind about releasing a patch since the company began giving customers advance notification of its monthly patches late last year, the spokeswoman said.

They went and started up the "Microsoft Update" thing though. Instead of just Windows, this updates all of your MS products. If you haven't seen it yet, look on the right hand side in the little info window.

wow, this is the first time MS mentioned a word *quality* for their software. I hope they don't spend too much time on *quality* of *vista* because i CAN'T wait that long for this new and improved version of OS.

LOL

Back