• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc'ing a 3500+ Venice E6 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xavion

Registered
Hi.

I just got my new 3500+ Venice Rev E6. And i would like to now how high i would be able to clock it with air. Any guesses ? :)

This is what it says on the chip:

ADA3500DAA4BW
LBBWE 0533APAW
Z741104H50627

is that good ? :shrug:

(I cant test it before next month, because my A8N-SLI fried, so im waiting for a Fatality AN8 )

Last edited:
Do a search and ye shall find the answer, um I would guess about 2.4-2.5, btw sorry to hear about your mobo frying, I have an Asus A8N-E and i am extremeley happy with this Mobo, but my sound cRad freid yesterday putting my new fan in, eveerything else is fine, turns out my soundcard was causing all my pc problems :bang head

The E6 Venices are really good clockers... you should be able to push it fairly high. Just be careful!

Some people also take the IHS off in order to get a better contact with thier heat-sinks, so you could consider that too; just be really careful :)

Your RAM OC will be lowered because you will need to use a divider with the 4 sticks u are using. You should be able however to get a little higher then 2.6 on your CPU.

#Everybody

Thank you for the good answers. I have thought about locking the RAM, and only clock the CPU. If that's possible?

BTW what's the "IHS" .. :shrug:

Xavion said:
#Everybody

Thank you for the good answers. I have thought about locking the RAM, and only clock the CPU. If that's possible?

BTW what's the "IHS" .. :shrug:

You can run a divider but you can't "lock" the ram at one setting.

IHS= Integrated Heatspreader

It's the piece of metal on top of the cpu with the stepping and other information on it.

You can run a divider but you can't "lock" the ram at one setting.

IHS= Integrated Heatspreader

It's the piece of metal on top of the cpu with the stepping and other information on it.

Ok.

I don't think i got the guts i takes to take the IHS of then. I like my hardware to much. :)

Back