• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquastar as-3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zxcv12

Hey guys- First post. I've had this kit for about a month and it's working out pretty well. However, I'm thinking of upgrading some of its components to get the max performance out of it. I was thinking of getting a new pump and Joe recommended the Eheim 1046 or 1048. Do any of you have any experience replacing the pump in this kit or are familiar with it? I care more about gpu cooling than cpu so would it be more effective to buy a better waterblock for the gpu? I'm not sure how it compares to other waterblock so if anyone has some suggestions I would really appreciate. Thanks

The problem is is that its all in one box so replacing the pump (and the eheims are large pumps) will probably not be possible. So you need to replace the rad too and that will end up being a complete redo of this kit. That being said I would suggest either A) sticking with it or B) looking at the stickies for a new W/C set up.

Damn... well what about the waterblock? Will that improve performance much? (If anyone else has replaced the pump with anything else I'd like to know)

well it looks like its a low restriction block so upgrading would be limited to say the Swiftech MCW6002 but I'm not sure the tubing size is the same. So personally if you have the money I would suggest starting over and reading the stickies.

Back