• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deals on Soundblaster Audigy 2's right now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, now we're talkin'! I've been biding my time for when the Plat. Pro dips below the $100 mark. Dangerously close...

Monque said:
Hey, now we're talkin'! I've been biding my time for when the Plat. Pro dips below the $100 mark. Dangerously close...

You and me both. I'm extremely tempted to get it. If only rebates were a little quicker than 4-6 weeks.

blueswitch said:
what would be the advantage to buying one of these sound cards if my mobo already has that chipset built in?

Sounds better, what's the advantage of buying a video card when your mobo already has it built in?

Well it also depends, sometimes your onboard sound may be better then a Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition, and etc.

ok well I have a Gigabyte K8NS pro board with a 8 channel Realtek AC'97 chip on board. Ij ust have a pair of altec lansing stereo sound sticks....they are about 4 years old. Would I get a big difference in sound if I got an Audigy 2 card? I might just wait for X-FI since I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the thing but I bet it's going to be expensive for awhile.

blueswitch said:
ok well I have a Gigabyte K8NS pro board with a 8 channel Realtek AC'97 chip on board. Ij ust have a pair of altec lansing stereo sound sticks....they are about 4 years old. Would I get a big difference in sound if I got an Audigy 2 card? I might just wait for X-FI since I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the thing but I bet it's going to be expensive for awhile.

The sound would be better, but not worth the price premium with the speakers you have. The biggest advantage would be getting away from software driven audio to a dedicated audio signal processor. Definately be good for gaming since it's a hardware sound card, but unless upgrading your speakers sometime, you'd be better off with a value card.

Back