• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What mobos will work with a P-lll 1.1 GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P4mustangtime

I have that cpu - P-III 1.1 GHz SL5QW and I'd like to ask you if know what mobo is right for this one? Any - Abit, Asus or whatever as long I can get that cpu to work.

Today I tried by testing with my old mobo that was said for P-III but is only good up to max of 800 MHz...according to its manual. It said is only for Intel P-III (coppermine), Celeron or Cyrix up to 800 MHz.

I was hoping somehow that I'd be lucky to gain a few MHz using that cpu but unfortunely it didn't work - the mobo will not accept! So back to 800 MHz.

I'm doing that in plans to tweak up my old computer for a friend to sell later soon.

Hmm, so far I found out one Abit mobo that'd support 1.1 GHz P-III...it's called VH6 model. Said to be up to 1.13 GHz. Now am looking for ASUS...

I was going to recommend the Abit VH6-T (the board I had when overclocking the Taulatin cores back when).

Abit VH6-T or Abit with Tualatin support ST6 seems to be good options if I can find one to buy at good deal.

My friend told me that he'll go buy a new computer from a computer store, so that means I'll just finish off my old computer rebuilt and updated then maybe put it in use for either basic internet or folding - something like that. :-/

Back