• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium Pro 200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never heard of this. But then again this CPU was (even when PII was available) way too expensive to mess around with! Most PPro's allowed changing the multiplier though...

Ever seen the one with a meg of cache? Funny resemblance to the new Athlon XP.

P PRO 200

Thanks for all the hype about the proc. but I still wish to Speed this baby up. I know I can get it to run at 233 Mhz but I have the coolers to make it hum if I can jump it. Are there any, dare I say it, "SOFTWARE" hop ups that I could look into? I am currently running 2000 Pro with all possible updates.

THKS.

Ken

Re: P PRO 200

crunchenken said:
Thanks for all the hype about the proc. but I still wish to Speed this baby up. I know I can get it to run at 233 Mhz but I have the coolers to make it hum if I can jump it. Are there any, dare I say it, "SOFTWARE" hop ups that I could look into? I am currently running 2000 Pro with all possible updates.

THKS.

Ken

There is a small chance that soft fsb might work. The only way I can see you overclocking it is if the motherboard has enough adjustment options for front side bus.

A while ago I saw on ebay a slot one to Pentium Pro soecket type. I guess that way you could put that chip in a motherboard that has some ability to overclock. I own an old IBM dual PPro system, I have not tried to overclock it though. I did upgrade the heatsinks, before they did not even have fans on them.

dude said:
A while ago I saw on ebay a slot one to Pentium Pro soecket type. I guess that way you could put that chip in a motherboard that has some ability to overclock. I own an old IBM dual PPro system, I have not tried to overclock it though. I did upgrade the heatsinks, before they did not even have fans on them.

I still have the same mother board that the 1 proc came on.

I have another added to the board and I have 2 spare procs just in case.

Who would make an aftermarket Mother board to house possibly all 4 of the procs.

Back