• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have an idea for small computer, need info...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I need some info on PC/104 or similiar small board. I don't need top of the line stuff, something in the range of 500MHz P3/AMD should be enough. If I ever get the money and the motivation I'd like to try and build a very discreet PC inside the book (see below) as I have that sitting around unused. I'd probably use wireless keyboard and mouse so all it'd have sticking out are power cable and monitor cable.

And use a giant capacity flash drive or Microdrive as bootable drive. Isn't Microdrive some type of IDE or maybe I was in error? I know Microdrive is slow but they aren't limited by number of rewrites like flash ROM.

Would PC/104 do it or am I looking at something else?

Attachments

• DSC00348s.jpg
    DSC00348s.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 80
There are adapters that allow you to connect a microdrive to an IDE cable and boot from it.

If i were you i'd pick up an old laptop and use parts of it, any desktop / atx stuff is way too large.

Back