• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual bartons- I want to overclock, lookin for a board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LkyOldSun

I have two older bartons that both have multi's unlocked.
I did some searches, but nothing recent at all came up.
Back in 2003, it looks like the MSI K7D-Master was the board to get, but I notice it's FSB doesn't do well above 150, and multi can be adjusted in bios only to 12.5.
150x12.5 would be a pitiful overclock. I would like to take these bartons to a mild overclock of 2.0 GHz, more if vcore can be adjusted.

Are there any dually boards that can do this for me?

thanks

Cheator said:
What about the Abit NF7-S? I loved that board with my mobile bartons.
I run one of my bartons in an NF7-S right now.

BUT I would like to run my bartons in a dually, ya know, dual processors on one motherboard.

Even better, I would like to have them in a dually that would be able to run them at their rated speed.

and best case, I would love to have them in a dually board that could overclock them a bit!!!!

anyone know of a dually board that can run my unlocked bartons at stock speed or overclocked speed??

thanks.

I am aware of what a dually is. But..generally people posting about dually boards post in the dually section. :). You also never specified dually.

Anyhow, when it comes to dually, I really do like Tyan. But only because of my decent success rate with them. I can't remember the model number for my current board but its not what you want anyway.

Pinmod the multi. I run 18x144 on a pair of 2600+ mobiles. 2.6GHz. :)

No dual socket A board has higher than 150MHz except for an Iwill (I believe). Even still, that board goes for a fortune and doesn't really get above 150 stable anyhow.

Bios24 said:
Are these desktop Bartons? Don't you need Athlon MP's to run dual? Can you mod the Barton's to run dual?

Like I said, I run mobile Bartons. All I had to do was cut the L5 (I think) on each chip and they were 'seen' as MP's. I'm pretty sure that regular (desktop) Bartons can be modded to MP. So you don't really "need" MP's unless you're out for the warranty.

moz_21 said:
...I'm pretty sure that regular (desktop) Bartons can be modded to MP. So you don't really "need" MP's unless you're out for the warranty.
you're right, according to the stickes in the SMP forum (the forum I just found, as I did not know what SMP meant)
It looks like I'm keepin my eye out for a MSI K7D-Master-L.
thanks, guys.

Back