• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance? Whos using?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PcDoctor

Registered
Just ondering if anyone had any KOOLANCE setups.
i dont think newegg sells it so idont know if any of you have KOOLANCE

Last edited:
I'm using a Exos to run my system... Cooling proc,chipset, and vid card... Gaming temps never over 36c in a 75f room....

P5WD2-Premium
640 64bit @3.85
Ati-X800XT 525/1160

Also using the Koolance ATI card cooler....

I made a split system, one going to the proc/chipset, the other going to the vid card....

I am very happy with it....

Hi

I have almost completed my system which is all watercooled with Koolance blocks
its a 601(i think or maybe a 650) model case (see more details in my sig)
temps so far are 6-13C above ambient so i am very happy
however I do not overclock (yet) and did this mainly for a little peace and quiet
My only issue with it is the 80mm fans are still too loud even at lower speeds for my tastes (i sit less than a meter from the PC which does not help) the newer systems using larger fans should be better at this. but it is still quieter than my previous multi fan system

Regards
Andywierd

I run the EXOS2 on my 820D, it's putting out 200+w's of heat at 1.525 volts and my temps never go above 60 celsius, pretty good.

I used one of the first Koolance systems years ago.... It wasnt bad but I built a better system from Danger Den. I'm sure they have improved their products by now though

I have one I bought used and pretty cheap- original Exos.

Works pretty good, really- cooling cpu, gpu and chipset with a mobo that reads high.
CPU temp never gets above 52c or so, worst case, and I know that system is ok to about 58c. Best it has been was one of my custom H2O setups and even then it was about 47c.

I wouldn't pay the money for a brandy NEW one, but I have been water cooling for a few years now...
I still like to mess with other stuff when I can get it cheap though. ;)

The newer ones are supposed to be a bit better, but they still will lose out to a decent home-brew setup, and cost more as well.
They are pretty easy though. :)

(PS- this should be in the Water Cooling section, methinks. ;))

Here's mine...I have my 6800GT OC on water now too. The picture just shows the CPU being cooled. I'm happy with it but I will upgrade in about 7 months from now to something better. :santa:

Picture_001.jpg

Updated pic of my gaming station. :)

1.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 601 also.
I use two cpu-300's and the 180, the ati cooler for X800's and a 50 sieries HD cooler and a couple of coolers that im not using like the low profile 180 and an old style chipset cooler. The only mods are the bottom by cutting a hole for a 120MM fan.
I can post pics

I use the GPU and HDD blocks in my loop. Sucks that they are 1/4 and the rest of my system was 7/16 with the apex kit. The GPU's work nicely. ~34 and ~36 idle, ~38 and ~40 load. After I added the hdd coolers, temps did spike up about ~2c.

I had a very bad experience with a 601 model. The golden paint in the CPU waterblock peeled off and there was a lot of corrosion and a leak followed. I had followed the instructions exactly (I used distilled water with the exact proportion of Koolance liquid.) I honestly think that using aluminium and copper in the same loop is uselessly risky, when you can do an all copper loop with dangerden or swiftech for the same or less money. I wonder why Koolance still have not corrected this flaw. While a lot of peoples don't have a problem with it, it seems that I was unlucky or had a lemon. But if it would have been all copper, the catastrophe would not have happened.

Back