• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first water setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Go3Team

I know it looks half a$$, but there just isn't enough room in the case for 2 Blackice Extreme III... I only have 1 3.4 Xeon in it right now, the other one is in the mail.

Twin 120x3 Radiators with cool light up fans:
water-1.jpg

Custom Reservior:
water-2.jpg

DangerDen TDX Xeon Waterblock:
water-3.jpg

Empty socket waiting on 2nd Xeon to come in:
water-4.jpg

Interior view of "Pump House":
water-5.jpg

Twin Ehiem 1250 pumps:
water-6.jpg

Exterior View:
water-7.jpg

Looks beautiful. No such thing as half a$$. I'm a big fan of homemade components myself, check out the link in my sig.

I def want to see it when u get both dies running.

citronym said:
Looks beautiful. No such thing as half a$$. I'm a big fan of homemade components myself, check out the link in my sig.

I def want to see it when u get both dies running.

Thanks. I have the other block already pumping, I am just waiting on the other Xeon to come in. Great setup you have, I'll be putting another one together next week, hopefully I will be able to fit it all in the case since this next one will just be a single cpu.

I love the fans! Are you planning on cooling anything else beside the CPUs? 2 BIX III's seems like a waste if you aren't. 1 BIX II could have done it.

z0n3 said:
Are you planning on cooling anything else beside the CPUs? 2 BIX III's seems like a waste if you aren't. 1 BIX II could have done it.

I may put a couple of Ys in it to feed the one I am doing next weekend. I have plenty of line, I just have to get a 775 waterblock.

what you are using right now could have been done with 1 BIX, however even 1 BIX III is enough for a nice and large setup. I am willing to bet you will see a temp drop by removing one of those rads even after your setup is built. Because the added restriction the second rad adds. Also what fans are those and how many cfm do they push?

Yea I'm guessing Sewer is thinking those might be lower cfm fans, which would hinder performance compared to 38mm high flow fans. the BIX's really shine with the powerful fans.

citronym said:
Yea I'm guessing Sewer is thinking those might be lower cfm fans, which would hinder performance compared to 38mm high flow fans. the BIX's really shine with the powerful fans.

The reason I went 25 is because I have a 38 in another case that is pretty loud. The noise on these are barely noticable. It used to be the noise that kept me up at night, now its the light.

y2jed_2000 said:
Holy Moly! that is great. what r ur temps?
29C Idle, 37-38 Load

SewerBeing said:
what you are using right now could have been done with 1 BIX, however even 1 BIX III is enough for a nice and large setup. I am willing to bet you will see a temp drop by removing one of those rads even after your setup is built. Because the added restriction the second rad adds. Also what fans are those and how many cfm do they push?

The only thing that the 2 loops share is the reservoir. 2 Eheim 1250s, 2 DangerDen Xeon TDXs, and 2 BIX 3.

Specifications
Model
Brand ASPIRE
Model CF12SL-UBL
Spec
Fan Size 120mm
Compatibility Case
RPM 2000 rpm
Air Flow 77.26 cfm
Noise Level 35.48 dBA

Back