• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech APEX kit + 2side case Q: Water Flow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

norcom

I just bought a new case and the swiftech apex kit. The case has tons of room.

The problem I think I might have is if I place the parts all over the case (reservoir, pump and radiator on one) the waterflow pressure will drop because of all the extra bends and tube. So I'm wondering if anyone has a clue on how I should run the waterflow. I've represented what I think I should do with the picture and just put the HD on the other side.

water.jpg

Thansk for the help!

So if I put the pump/radiator on the other sides of the case do you think the extra tubing will affect the waterflow?

Extra tubing inside the case for sake of routing the components together is gonna have a negligable effect on flow. I think tubing length becomes a consideration when you have tubing leaving the case for any reason, getting into multiple feet of tubing. Otherwise BillA nailed it, arrange everything so that tube routing doesn't have any negative effects, such as kinks or 90's, as these would have a more serious impact on flow.

Back