• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sataiii?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkside1016

I heard someone in my computer course chatting about SATAIII being the new project for hard drive specifications, if this is true I am definatly waiting till they are released and upgrading my system then.

Look for about late 2006 to early 2007 for talks about SATA III. By then, maybe our hard drives will be able to have a transfer fast enough for us to need SATA III's thoroughput rate of 600 mb/sec.

Nope, hes right thats what my friend mentioned aswell, 600mb/s sounds about correct.

darkside1016 said:
I heard someone in my computer course chatting about SATAIII being the new project for hard drive specifications, if this is true I am definatly waiting till they are released and upgrading my system then.

It's not really fresh news in terms of future projects, the road maps released when SATA Technology was introduced clearly showed the progression to the SATA III standard.

A 2 year wait before an upgrade to your storage system? Imagine all the DVD±R media that you will be burning :eek:

Ehhh...I'm not much of a media guy, except for just a little bit of newsgroups movies, and when I'm done with the movies I burn more than one onto a DVD, and thats IF I really like it, otherwise, watch it with the girl, and toss it in the bin. :-D

While I wait for SATA III to comeout I'll wait for a HDD to surpass SATA I's specs.

<-----Is gonna be waiting for a while.

Back