• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F.E.A.R. Demo crash on overclocked CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

my intel 640 3.2 @ 40 is prime stable for 24 hours, superpi, 3dmark and everyting else, i can play Counter strike with no problems but wheni start the game FEAR it crashes on anything over 3.6GHz is it just the game or do i have stablilty problems, granted its the demo an its got bugs in it, but i havent found anyone else with this problem... whats everyone think?

While I don't have any direct experience with F.E.A.R., I have the same type of issues with Battlefield 2. I can be stable as a rock, but if I try to play BF2, no dice.

Could be the gaming code b/c I doubt BF2 is a better stability check than Prime95 :shrug:

My overclock doesnt cause the game to crash and i got my cpu pushed pretty far on air, maybe its a driver conflict?

taking a stab here since i dont know pci-e might be out of spec unless the new mobos actually lock it now. Fear is more demanding graphics wise from what i noticed with my pc vs BF2(demo only) i do think you video card is having problems. just my 2cents... hope you get it worked out.

koontz946 said:
While I don't have any direct experience with F.E.A.R., I have the same type of issues with Battlefield 2. I can be stable as a rock, but if I try to play BF2, no dice.

Could be the gaming code b/c I doubt BF2 is a better stability check than Prime95 :shrug:

Actually a lot of P95 stable rigs will crash in BF2. My old setup would at anything over 2.4GHz but primed at 2.6GHz.

Moto7451 said:
Actually a lot of P95 stable rigs will crash in BF2. My old setup would at anything over 2.4GHz but primed at 2.6GHz.

But then again, that's true for any computer. It really depends on OS and software settings.

Back