• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling XFX cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vcstrike

how good is the cooling on XFX cards? should i get an aftermarket cooler? i dont really plan to oc.

If it is the 6600GT listed in your sig then you are in luck. The stasis cooler fits perfectly on that card and cools it like a charm. Easy installation and cools all the ram too! :)
http://www.stasisthermal.com

I put it on and havent looked back to the noisy crappy HSF they put on there in the first place.

JT

Last edited:
actually i was looking at a 6800 for my new rig. (i know it says x800 but im always changing my mind :))

Well I believe he has a 6800 as well. Check it out anyway. They are efficient and quiet. I cant hear it over my cpu fan even when it is at its lowest setting.

JT

so how is the stock cooling? is it sufficient if i dont oc?

if you don't OC it's sufficient, for example I have my video card OC'd with stock cooling + Ramsinks. But I overclock my GPU's core with stock, it can't OC that much but it can. If you don't plan on OC'ing at all stock should be fine there is no need to buy a aftermarket cooler

Back