• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 3DMark05 Score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gig-O-Ram

I know that I'm supposed to have the full version of 3DMark05 in order to get on a team or do anything "official" with a score, but I thought I'd share this anyway.

I got 3DM recently (free, non-full version) and I've been messing around with it, and until tonight I've been getting lousy scores. My scores are usually 1400-1900, sometimes a lot lower...once even going as high as 2100 or something like that. But they are usually in the lower range I mentioned.

Tonight, a buddy was helping me do some updates to my rig (via chat). I updated the drivers for my chipset and my GPU, went into safe mode, used Driver Cleaner Pro and all that. I've also taken steps to remove all the Spyware stuff using 3 different programs. After installing new drivers, I was totally blown away by my score. Mind you it isn't the highest score in the land, but it is a drastic improvement for my rig. And my buddy even told me I outdid his score. "Blew it out of the water" is what he said. Also note that he has a GigaByte GF6600GT @569/569.

After doing all this stuff, my score tonight was 4,951 3DMarks! Like I said, not the highest or best score in the land by any means, but still a great improvement for me. :cool: It was so cool to see the tests go from 1-10 fps to 20-30fps or better. Maybe one of these days I'll bite the bullet and buy the full version.

Last edited:
You dont have to have the 'full' version to join the OC Forums team. When you upload your score to Futuremark.com, just put Gig-O-Ram -OC Forums- in the title and then post a link in the 3DMark05 post. As long as you run it with FM Approved drivers, your score will be added to the list.

I've been on the teams for a while now and have never had the full version of any 3DMark. Just use FM approved drivers and start benching..... Put the tag in the heading like Seabee said and your good to go...... I'll welcome you to the team in advance..... ;)

HousERaT said:
I've been on the teams for a while now and have never had the full version of any 3DMark. Just use FM approved drivers and start benching..... Put the tag in the heading like Seabee said and your good to go...... I'll welcome you to the team in advance..... ;)

I just installed and am running the very latest Nvidia driver (v78.01 dated 9-2-05). It is not on FM's list, but can I still submit a score using this driver?

I wasn't actually interested in joining any teams at first, but if I can get scores like what I got, even if they aren't that high, I might just submit a score anyway. And thanks for the advanced welcome! :cool:

Seabee said:
You *must* use FM approved drivers for the scores to be posted with the others.

I understand that, but...so even if I have the very latest driver, if it hasn't been approved yet by FM (their list has not been updated in several months), I can't use it? That seems kinda wrong because the driver I have is not a beta, or pre-release and it is WHQL certified. I fired off a question to FM asking about this. It'll be interesting to see if they get back to me at all, or if they can answer my question.

Actualy they probably wont get back to ya, or if you ask in the forums people will tell you to use the newest anyway.

But for team scores we use approved only so we must wait for FM to actualy approve them. sometimes it happens fast, but other times it takes a few weeks.

As far as WHQL certified. that just means microsoft checked irt for compatibility. what FM does it check them for optimisations that are specific to FM benchies. which is a NO NO to them as that would not eqate to actualy performance gains in real life situations. Also using FM aproved eliminates altered drivers. SO One cant optimise them themselves for score enhancing purposes.

We would gladly post up any score that fits within the rules. Doesnt matter if its at the top of the list or the very bottom. Cus if your proud of it we all shall be.

my score tonight was 4,951 3DMarks!
Good for you! my score (tested a few min b4 typing this) consisted of a whopping 165 3Dmarks! with minimal to none running in background

Benvanz said:
Good for you! my score (tested a few min b4 typing this) consisted of a whopping 165 3Dmarks! with minimal to none running in background

Benvanz...thank you for the kudos. I am sorry for your low score, but don't feel bad. I had fairly low scores too. Like I said, I am not that interested in being competetive, but I do want to share my score with you guys.

See my post #4 for the driver version...let me know if you guys will let the score go with that one.

165!? What systems specs do you have to get that ultra-low of a score??
Asus A7N8X-X, Athlon XP (running at stock (2.0ghz) do to summer heat...(normally 2.3ghz)), 768 PC3200 Ram, FX5200 (slightly overclocked, feared to go more do to no temp monitoring)

Gig-O-Ram said:
See my post #4 for the driver version...let me know if you guys will let the score go with that one.

Again, it must be FM approved. Once that driver gets approved, run the test with that driver and submit your score. If you submit your score before they get approved, your score wont be added.

Benvanz said:
Asus A7N8X-X, Athlon XP (running at stock (2.0ghz) do to summer heat...(normally 2.3ghz)), 768 PC3200 Ram, FX5200 (slightly overclocked, feared to go more do to no temp monitoring)

Alright, the 5200 makes sense.

Back