• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS corruption and 3 LEDs of death?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

Ok, I did some reading up and saw the infamous "4-LEDs of death" that is associated with BIOS corruption on the nF4 Ultra-D

When I try to boot up, the 4th (closest to the front of my case) LED blinks once or twice, then goes off, while the other 3 (closest to the back of my case) stay lit, and I get a BIOS error message on my screen.

I couldn't find anything about 3 LEDs being associated with any problem in particular... is there something this tells me about my problem?

try resetting your cmos either by using the jumper or taking the battery out for a few minutes.

OK so i tried making the 6 bootable WinXP floppies, but the 1st one hangs on "press f6... etc etc"

i tried re-making it to no avail, and none of the bootdisk.com things i have tried worked either - it just says "please insert system disk in drive a" or something like that; it won't let me use them to boot from, only the winxp ones and that hangs

:shrug:

Back