• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winnie voltage fluctuations. Is that normal? help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

max_clock

My girlfriends winnie is giving some voltage fluctuations. I dont know if its some problem related to the board, cpu or psu. The Vcore oscilations are between 1,49v and 1,55volts. Do I need to return the cpu? I made a call to the technician yesterday and he told me that was normal. The idle CPU temperature is 39ºC ~ 40ºC ~ 41ºC. The case temperature is 40ºC.
I need some help. Im getting worried.

Other hardware info:

A64 3200+ winchester skt939
Mobo: asus A8V-E Deluxe
PSU: generic 350W
two cd-rom drives (DVD-ROM and DVD+/-RW)
pinnacle pctv
Asus X300 SE 128mb pci-e
120gb samsung sata HD
one 80mm case fan
1gb DDR400 samsung
win XP pro SP2

Attachments

• Sem título(3).JPG
    Sem título(3).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 42
is the cpu overclocked ?
1)if yes the idle temp is very high check (your cooling)
2)if not why using the 1.49v
winshester default vcore is 1.4 if you are not overclocking.
---then u told that u have a generic psu 350 watt .amd recomand over 20a in the 12v for s 939 cpu
so get some quality psu (true power)
between your rail look good.

makaka said:
is the cpu overclocked ?
1)if yes the idle temp is very high check (your cooling)
2)if not why using the 1.49v
winshester default vcore is 1.4 if you are not overclocking.
---then u told that u have a generic psu 350 watt .amd recomand over 20a in the 12v for s 939 cpu
so get some quality psu (true power)
between your rail look good.

no, the cpu is not overclocked. It came as it is from the shop. Never entered in BIOS, its a stock system. I dont know why the Vcore is so high, it oscilates between 1,49 and 1,55.

somethings is wrong here with mobo or cpu and the cooling
get in the bios and push load optimazed default then see how is is the vcore under windows
if possible reseat the pu cooler and applly some thermal past

max_clock said:
no, the cpu is not overclocked. It came as it is from the shop. Never entered in BIOS, its a stock system. I dont know why the Vcore is so high, it oscilates between 1,49 and 1,55.

You have a generic 350W PSU but still having: 1GB RAM at DDR400 and an AMD Winnie 3000+. I would be worrying about your LIMITED PSU supply if I were you!
Strictly speaking your current generic 350W, even for branded 350W, is very limited in supplying all the required powers at full load. Besides the SW readings of your DC rails are subjected to tolerance and re-freshing times as well. Get a voltmeter to measure the rail/s in question but consider getting a more powerful PSU, say 480W or higher, if you can. :rolleyes:

Back