• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STASIS 6800 Series Power Regulator Heatsink Upgrade!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

consumer9000

Former STASIS Guy
Well, it's about time and I finally got around to making this much requested part. As you all know, the power regulation circuitry on these cards gets piping hot and the stock heatsink is woefully inadequate. Throw in overclocking, high ambient temperatures and voltmodding and you're asking for trouble! Ask any pro modder and they'll tell you proper voltage regulation circuitry cooling is essential.
I went all out with this design, using a generously proportioned copper heatsink to deliver unprecedented cooling capacity. High density skived fin construction means maximum cooling area and efficiency, and though tall, this part will clear all SLI setups and fits within the confines of the 2 slot Ultra spec.

Immediate availability - limited production has begun to coincide with the launch of the 7800GTX power regulator heatsink (eta 9/9/05).

Attachments

• NV6800 Power Heatsink 01.jpg
    NV6800 Power Heatsink 01.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 103
Just for reference, the pitiful stock aluminum extrusion dwarfed by the copper unit... (ok, I had a little fun too...it's been a long day!) :p

Attachments

• NV6800 Power Heatsink 02.jpg
    NV6800 Power Heatsink 02.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 105
Oh wow! Your work never ceases to amaze me consumer. Looks like you have a lot of cooper on that board as it is! *chuckles* :)

Looks like it would compare a heck of a lot better then the Alu version. I wasnt even aware the 6800 had that heatsink on it.

JT

Well crana be glad you aren't the one milling them! You won't bend them by bumping them...however my damn endmill has a way with them! :p

Looks nice. I need two of those beauties. I've always had a rough time keeping the power regulators on my 6800s cooled off. Nice work.

Back