• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700+ San Diego lower memory bandwidth than Venice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Philip

Registered
3700+ San Diego lower memory bandwidth than 3000+ Venice?

Hi,

I replaced my 3000+ Venice (BP) by a 3700+ San Diego (BN) recently. The speed is/was 2.4Ghz (300HTT x 8) for my current and previous CPUs but all the sudden I found that its memory bandwidth is lowered from 31xx MB/s to 26xx MS/s in memtest86+. In another forum I saw a guy recorded similar results as mine except he got a 4000+ SD and he was also running his CPU at 300HTT.

Is the lowered memory bandwidth a common fact for the SDs?

My mainboard is a DFI NF4-D with the 6/23 BIOS.

Last edited:
Yuriman said:
I assume you are running the same memory timings? What are you using to measure memory bandwidth?

Yes, same mobo, same bios setting, same mem timing, same everything except the CPU was being replaced to a 3700+ San Diego !!!

The bandwidth figure I was referring to the one listed in memtest86+ (shown on upper left area, at work now, couldn't post the picture !!!)

I'm not sure thats accurate. I think it says how many MB/s based on what divider you are using, not how fast it is actualy running. At least, thats what I've seen.

I dunno how valid this is in this discussion, but a 3700 san diego stock with 2-2-2-5 timings pulls 5700mb/s

I build a rig for a buddy and used a 3000 venice with a 166 divider, had it at 2.4 with 2-2-2-5 timings and a 440HTT and it pulled 6250mb/s

so I would say generally that no a venice doesnt get more than a diego.

A diego at 10X250 with 4X LDT with 2.5-3-3-6 timings pulls 6700mb/s

Back