• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better MBM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

I finaly got lm-sensors to install but i think i want somthing a little more graphical. i need a monitor that will run on xandro and has cpu% ram and temps.

The Forum Search button is your friend. :)

A Forum Search for "linux sensors".

This place is also your friend. ;)

The end result of those searches will be that there are a few gui applications that can use lm_sensors to monitor temps in linux.
Possibly the most popular- at least my favorite is gkrellm:
shows temps, voltages and a boatload of other things. Very customizable and has many skins available.

I also know that it works in Xandros- after adding the debian stuff to my config, I used Synaptic to search for it and BOOM!
There she was. :)

A pointer that may help you with linux in the future-
There is all kinds of info here and elsewhere online and searching for it yourself FIRST teaches one of the most important things you can learn if you want to really become good with linux:
How to answer your own questions.

One of the biggest reasons that this is valuable is that you will learn far more about what is going on, why, and where it is configured.

ok i am doing somthing wrong downloaded ksensors installed and i dont have a program to use. when i type ksensors in on the console i get "ksensors cant determine display type" what do i do

The main ones are ksensors and gkrellm

Try running it from the "run program" thingy in the menu. That usually fixes that issue. It probably has to do with your bash shell not setting up the DISPLAY environment variable.

Back