• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard time geting past 2.35ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swiften

Registered
Hey guys,

I have an AMD 3500 winchester (939) and I cant seem to get past 2353mhz...i'm 99% sure its my RAM (Corair Value crap). Just checking to see if you guys had any suggestions

I just updated the bios, and my powersupply has nice railes to support the vcore.

Thanks in advance.

drop LTD and use lower divider for RAm

try uping voltage for cpu and memory

i think people need to understand there is such thing as a dud cpu (in terms of overclocking) i had a winchester that wouldnt clock higher then 2250mhz prime stable for 24 hours. my last venice didnt do past 2300mhz... my current processor does 2700mhz EASY (need to update my sig, i know) . same setup. i asked questions for help, and none of the suggestions worked. anyways, moral of the story is sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont...thats life

Swiften said:
where can i change the LTD and the divider?

Thanks
On your board it's called something else it's Ht frequency and it should be in advance section of the bios

Alright well, im not exactly sure at all how to change the Ram Divider, and the ltd..?

Heres what it says in cpu-z..

HTT: 220
Multiplier: x11
Core Speed: 2419

This is pretty stable, except when i run cs:source, then it crashes cs and it just goes to the desktop, thermals never go pas 43c

My friend said its my ram that is holding be back...thanks, im pretty new to overclocking.

Thanks

:)

Dunno about your bios but most are somewhat similar. There should be an option for HTT multiplier, set that to 4 until you go past 250. In ram setup there should be options to tell it 200,166,133 etc.. Choose 166. Or if its divider based use whatever is lower than 1:1

Look in the manual for instructions on setting the Divider & multiplier for the Hyper Transport bus (LDT). Those functions should be in the frequency & voltage section of the BIOS.

Alright sounds good, one question tho, about the mutiplier and setting it to 4, that seems way low, considering even at 250 that would be 1000mhz...sorry if this is noob =P :shrug:

Thanks alot guys..i'll keep ya posted

Make sure you check out the Asus section of the forums... I know there is a lot of overclocking information about the A8V Deluxe there that should help you find if your using the right settings.

Swiften said:
Alright sounds good, one question tho, about the mutiplier and setting it to 4, that seems way low

The 4 your talking about is defferent on the Asus board and is actually in the memory settings and listed at 1000, 800, 600 and so on.. the 800 would be 4 and the next setting below that would be concidered 3. Even though your lowering the setting it is actually works out in the end to a more stable overclock.

I have the same mobo and cpu as you on one of my systems but it's been a while since I've messed with the bios settings.. My 3500 NC is running 2.5 and that's as high as I can take it..

Last edited:
Alright, i think I got it running stable,

I found the memclk thing in the bios and i changed the ratio to 2:1 (ddr 400) which is what my ram is supposed to be, and i think its rock stable now, my main test has been cs:source but its prime stable and doesnt go past 47c in price or 45c in source...thanks for your help!

Back