• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OkydOky

I'm Having Trouble Finding a Case That I like.

I want it fairly simple but fairly big. No Flashy Lights or anything.

A Side window is Fine, But no need. I want to install a water cooling system INSIDE the case itself, so It has to be large enough for that.

Lian Li cases v2000 ect would be wonderful, but are way too expensive. And maybe a tad too big.

Preferably with 120mm fan holes aswell, 80mm fans are too noisy.

I'm looking into the Antec p180 but it seems a little too small to fit everything in it, otherwise it'd be perfect.

What is your price range? That would greatly determine what kind of case you can get.

I got my full tower case for $40 new back in the day and it is anything but flashy.

Color preference?

JT

These are what came to mind first... Coolermaster Stacker, Lian li pc7077, Thermaltake Armor, and an aerocool case that i cant think of the name. They all have plenty of room. I do know that the Thermaltake Armor has a couple of features specifically for watercooling. It has predrilled holes on the bottom of the case for pumps or whatever you want to put down there. It also has ports for tubes to go out of the case if needed. I think all of the cases have 120mm fans. Stacker has 2 (3 with the newer version 810) and 2 80mm slots, Lian Li has 2 120mm with two 80mm and a 120mm blowhole ontop (no fan there though), and the Thermaltake has 2 120s and 2 92mm fans.

Aerocool Masstige is the one ya are thinking about. It looks like Newegg is one of the few vendors that have it yet.

Aerocool Masstige - Silver

Aerocool Masstige - Black

I love the look and build of the Armor and the Stacker is always a winner. The intriguing thing about the Masstige is the BTX like 'reverse' setup for the motherboard.

This does a couple things-
1. It moves your $$$ components out of the way of leaks from the CPU block. The video card is above the CPU in this setup.

2. The power supply air intake is cut into the bottom of the case. ***IMPORTANT***
If you plan on setting the case on the carpet the Masstige is probably a bad idea. While the 'feet' on the case are tall I still wouldnt put it on carpet.

For $99 however I am giving it a shot...now just waiting for its arrival.

Thanks alot Guys.

Regarding the Price Range, around $125 or lower. (Lower the better of course :p )
For Colour, Black would be my prefered one, and second: silver.

And that Can be shipped to Canada aswell. - So sold somewhere that ships to canada, would be a great Plus :p

Edit: Aerocool Masstige Loosk REALLY Great! :)

Last edited:
jdrake90 said:
I always get the opinion that for that kind of budget... antec is the way to go...

Is that right?

jdrake

With that price range, he could get a good sized lian li.

Back