• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing my IP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

Ok my internet provider is on a proxy which means i share my IP number with millions so some sites dont like me do they, they say im banned or ive already downloaded off them and what not is there anyway to get around this? maybe change my IP or something because the companies never get back to me :( sometime i feel like just :bang head

Your options would be to use a different proxy, or perhaps switch provider or ask your provider to assign you a new IP?

Yeah, the only thing you can really do is have your ISP give you an external IP. I doubt they will do so, though, since that means they will have to rewire your single piece of cat5 different than anyone elses, which if enough people ask will create quite a mess in the wiring closet.

Any ISP that puts all of their customers on one IP is pretty crappy, so you should switch anyways.

You must have DSL, so long as you dont disconnect you will keep the same IP. Then theres a couple DNS sites you can look into for web hosting, even with a dynamic IP.

yeah i dont want to switch isp even tho it is pretty crap beacause i get like a 10quid discount lol it an offer you have tv, phone and internet for 30quid (1mb) but i enquired about the 2meg which is 25quid on its own and i get it for 15quid because i have the other 2 services ;)

i'll try a program that tries to change you ip lol will that work?

no, because your IP is irrelevant, it's the ISP's proxy IP that is doing the website grabbing, not your IP, so your IP never makes it to the actual website servers. Your IP is only relevant to the proxy server in the fact that it knows which IP requested which info (also uses MAC addy, i'm sure).

ok then thanks i'll have to talk to my provider then which will be fun lol

Back