• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yonah prices leaked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To be honest, i am not sure.

Socket 775 sounds logical if intel wants to promote them for the desktop. However, 479 would make sense too, because it would allow them to use the current mobile chipsets and motherboards.

Yonah is an improved dothan, so you can expect:

- better performance per clock
- less power draw
- probably the same or better oc perspective (2 cores at 2.5ghz on air :drool: )

Im hoping its LGA775 ... cause I sold a perfectly good board for mobile computing (P4C800-E Fully volt modded :(). Odds are, im not going back to the 478 socket lol.

I hope this goes s479/s478... if it DOES go to s479, and asus's s479->478 adapter works, its MINE!!! MUAHAHAHA

When these Yonah's (or a derivative of them) are available in a 775 (or better) platform, and they enable the HT, I'm buying one. 478 is pretty much dead. The boards just can't handle the power like a 775 can. I would also like to see onboard memory controllers, but I don't think that'll be happening very soon.

Didn't I tell you guys about a month ago these chips would be the next World Dominator? I didn't just say the price was gonna be low last month either...I was told that. We didn't know the exact cost but was told they would not be released if they could not be priced competitively. It looks like Intel is out to takeover the world, and they are succeeding.

Man, how I can't wait to see the benchmark numbers from public uses with these CPU's. The word ownage is going to be such an understatement, that we will have to come up with a new word for it. :)

Tic toc tic toc...time is ticking.

Mobile chip, succeeding Dothan in the power optimized notebook segment including HyperThreading and Vanderpool. Will use the Alviso-GM chipset. Believed to be designed around two Dothan cores with one shared 2MB cache. Runs on a 667 MHz bus, except for the ULV version which uses 533 MHz. Earlier listed as a 90nm chip in 04-H2. Yonah (sometimes referred to as Jonah) is part of the Napa Centrino platform, succeeding Sonoma. Named X50: $637, X40: $423, X30: $294, and X20: $241, while X48 and X39 will be low voltage versions. There will also be a low-end Yonah called 756, below X20, with only one core running at 1.67 GHz and 2MB of cache. Yonah will be used in future Macs.

Here are all the prices and models: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26062

Those prices look a little high. My bet is those are MSRP prices and NewEgg prices will be lower. $600 is a little high. It might be that X50's are limited right now and they need to gather more stock of them. I guess time will tell on that one though. I've been told alot about these CPU's, but numbers I don't have. Nobody would even hazzard a guess.

waddupmm said:
Wait are these just for laptops?

not sure yet... But if Its like the dothan, it'll be for laptops, and for asus P4P/P4C boards (with the CT-479 adapter)

intel's current dual cores run in socket 775, but you need one of the newest chipset to support it, like a 955 i believe. hopefully they won't make you buy a whole new board, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Back