• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Case Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PrometheuSBoxeR

I appologize ahead of time, if this has been brought up before. I have been looking at WC'ing my setup. A site www.xoxide.com comes to mind. I was looking particularly at this case. http://www.xoxide.com/koolance-pc3-725bk-case.html... I guess it has the EXOS2 kit already installed. Looks nice and clean, I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea. Im a Watercooling newb, I have 0 experience with WC'ing just knowledge from reading online.

Neat case, but the price not so nice, does it even come with cpu water block? I have no clue how exos units perform, but I would assume they don't pefrom better than build it yourself water cooling.

Well that case alone is 200 bucks, and the complete kit probably costs around 250ish, So it kinda makes sense, and you would think its put together in the most effecient and professional war.

I would read the stickies on watercooling and what parts to choose. If you put a little bit of effort into it then you can get a much better wc'ing loop for less. Also koolance kits arn't exactly the best performing on the market if you really want a kit look into the Swiftech Apex kit.

meionm said:
Neat case, but the price not so nice, does it even come with cpu water block? I have no clue how exos units perform, but I would assume they don't pefrom better than build it yourself water cooling.
It comes with 0 waterblocks, So i would buy the best waterblocks available seperate. Standard Video Card / CPU / Whatever else is nessecary.

PrometheuSBoxeR said:
It comes with 0 waterblocks, So i would buy the best waterblocks available seperate. Standard Video Card / CPU / Whatever else is nessecary.

Well the issue is they give no specs on the pump so its hard to say what blocks to get. The best block (Swiftech Storm) gets beat by the Swiftech MCW6002 at low flow rates. So I suggest starting from scratch after reading the stickies.

SewerBeing said:
Well the issue is they give no specs on the pump so its hard to say what blocks to get. The best block (Swiftech Storm) gets beat by the Swiftech MCW6002 at low flow rates. So I suggest starting from scratch after reading the stickies.
Yah but no matter how much you read, its all different when you actually have the stuff and you need to properly place it in your case, bleed, test, etc. Its still hard I have read the stickies and I still dont have a good enough idea to do it on my own flawlessly.

PrometheuSBoxeR said:
Yah but no matter how much you read, its all different when you actually have the stuff and you need to properly place it in your case, bleed, test, etc. Its still hard I have read the stickies and I still dont have a good enough idea to do it on my own flawlessly.

You will need to bleed and test anyways. The only thing that super expensive kit spares you is mounting the rad and pump. You still need to everything else. Ok so your first water cooled case won't be perfect who cares, you can always try it again on another case later. My point is just a little time and effort can save you some $$$ and get you better performance.

Yah I definitly would rather do it myself to get a better grasp on things, and understand everything better.

I really would prefer asking my specific questions on Vent or TS if someone wants to get in touch with me sometime that be easier. Its hard to put specific questions in words without getting too complicated and such.

Back