• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love AMD!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henesse

Dear Mr. ******,

This is to confirm that your processor with the serial number *********
has passed AMD's Visual Mechanical Inspection.

Your warranty fulfilment claim (RMA claim number **********)
for this retail packaged processor has been approved.

Best regards,

AMD Technical Support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
how can you not love these guys?
My cpu burnt out few weeks ago due to my crappy mcp650 i got from swiftech, AMD is replacing it.
Best customer service i've ever come across.
I bought it when it first came out for 649

yep! im AMD all the way! I have used OEM HP intel rigs at work... and... I HATE THEM 2.6 p4C and they are slow as heck! my 2500 at 2.3 can SMOKE them.

skidooosl said:
yep! im AMD all the way! I have used OEM HP intel rigs at work... and... I HATE THEM 2.6 p4C and they are slow as heck! my 2500 at 2.3 can SMOKE them.

Until you open up 3Ds Max and load up a 50k+ poly scene. :welcome:

I always bought intel until i started building my own. I will never look back now. <3 AMD

I dunno if I <3 AMD yet, but I am excited about my 1st AMD build, i have everything i need, minus the powersupply which will be here on monday. I do like newegg though, i ordered my parts on wednesday(excluding pwrspply), and its here on friday. thats pretty damn sweet.

I think most missed the point here - he FRIED the cpu due to a water pump failure - not AMD's fault, and still sent it for RMA... at that rate Intel will always keep their current CPU monopoly - tsc tsc...

oh, wow I didn't realize that. heh with my accident proness, that is the very reason I don't mess with watercooling

You should've just manned up and bought a new cpu. :shrug: It's not AMD's fault you can't properly configure your system to shut down if temps get too high. :bang head

ctrl_alt_del_ said:
I think most missed the point here - he FRIED the cpu due to a water pump failure - not AMD's fault, and still sent it for RMA... at that rate Intel will always keep their current CPU monopoly - tsc tsc...
Not necessarily. Sears has always had a reputation for taking back any product and refunding your money without a hassle. They are one of the worlds oldest retailers and have survived while many others have gone bust. People shop there knowing that they will stand behind what they sell. If AMD gains that type of reputation that can be a draw for new customers to try their product. When you are fighting a monopoly you need to get any edge possible. (In Joisey we would hire a few goons to pay a little after hours visit to some of dare corporate officers. They would "persuade" them to play nice.:))

rseven said:
Not necessarily. Sears has always had a reputation for taking back any product and refunding your money without a hassle. They are one of the worlds oldest retailers and have survived while many others have gone bust. People shop there knowing that they will stand behind what they sell. If AMD gains that type of reputation that can be a draw for new customers to try their product. When you are fighting a monopoly you need to get any edge possible. (In Joisey we would hire a few goons to pay a little after hours visit to some of dare corporate officers. They would "persuade" them to play nice.:))

Sears will not take back anything they can tell was used in they wronge way. Such as a screw driver being hit with a hammer. He basicly took a drill, cranked up the volts, and blew it up. Sears would never take that back.

Deadphishy said:
Sears will not take back anything they can tell was used in they wronge way. Such as a screw driver being hit with a hammer. He basicly took a drill, cranked up the volts, and blew it up. Sears would never take that back.
Okay, let's send this to Myth Busters and see if they'll do this as an experiment.:)

Yeah, AMD is great for taking the fall for guys like you.
Exactly.

Hold up...you're comparing a home built rig to an HP, and blaming differences on the processor selection?

amd would prolly have taken it anyway

my friend bent his pins and messed up his new sd 3700 and told them so, they said they'd take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back